Friday, June 8, 2012
Armchair BEA, Day Five: Ask the Experts
I consider myself a newbie blogger, even though the blog has been somewhat set up for a few years. It's only recently that I decided that I need to get off the fence about my reading blog, and, well, blog. I'm learning a lot of new tricks, but sometimes I still feel lost. I'm hoping that it will all get easier with time. I only have one bit of advice so far, and that is you have to be committed to your blog if you want to have any success with it. Reaching out to other bloggers and finding ones that inspire you to improvement are essential, too.
I have so many questions for the experts, but I will limit them to five here.
1. I am having trouble with feedburner, trying to establish a feed for my blog. It has something to do with my web address, but it works fine everywhere else. I really want to add the option of email subscriptions, but I'm unable to. Any suggestions?
2. Any preferences for a blog provider? I'm using eblog by Google, but I'm wondering if Wordpress is better?
3. Is a blog designer worth the price?
4. Is there such a thing as a blog mentor? If so, where would I find one?
5. Is there a blog template site that caters to books and reading?
I so hope that I receive some replies to these questions. I need all the advice that I can get!